Business Development Representative
2045 is an exclusive membership network that supports and connects influential leaders of color. Our mission is to build the future of leadership by supporting and connecting the most accomplished diverse talent across industries. In addition to the invite-only, membership network, we also build diversity-focused technology products that help measure and improve the retention of mid- to senior-level professionals of color.
The 2045 Community:
Our Community Membership offers members-only digital and physical spaces that foster collaboration amongst creators, innovators, and thought-leaders. We exist to help our members spark meaningful connections, build empires, and advance their social and professional capital. At the core of that experience is the 2045 Clubhouse, located in Flatiron, where members can meet one another, network, work, host meetings, and recharge away from the bustle of city and corporate life. Our revenue team is responsible for identifying and empowering these leaders to strengthen our network.
About the job:
In order to cultivate and expand our Community Membership, we are in search of a committed Business Development Representative (BDR).
This position will report directly to the Partner of Community Growth and is instrumental in establishing the development and execution of growing our community network.
- Collaborate with the revenue team to formulate and bolster the Community Sales strategy and Framework.
- Identify and procure qualified creators, innovators, and thought-leaders.
- Engage and educate inbound inquiries from prospective community members, imparting knowledge about 2045's community membership.
- Cultivate and foster relationships with influential prospects, offering guidance throughout the membership sales process.
- Efficiently oversee the sales pipeline, ensuring accurate forecasting by maintaining updated records in SalesForce.
- Collaborate with the Partner of Community Growth to generate weekly sales reports.
- Manage, monitor, and optimize the community sales budget for efficiency.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance departmental KPIs, with a particular emphasis on sustaining and enhancing our sales objectives.
- Work collaboratively with our General Manager (GM) and Assistant General Manager (AGM), who oversee and support event production in the clubhouse.
- Collaborate with our Director of Content and Programming to provide valuable insights into the content experience of our community members.
- Customer Service: Previous experience in sales or customer/client-facing roles with an enthusiasm for relationship-based sales
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey 2045's value proposition
- Initiative: A self-motivated individual who can adapt to various responsibilities
- Accountability: Capability to manage a substantial pipeline and handle a high volume of inquiries
- Value Aligned: Deep understanding of and passion for 2045 Studio’s mission and existing community as well as the passion to help grow
- Collaboration: Strong at collaborating with cross functional teams
- Social Skills: Extraordinary relationship building skills
- Organization: Demonstrated organizational skills to maintain efficient workflows
- Coachability/Adaptability: Willingness to learn, adapt, and implement feedback
- Professionalism: Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to executing tasks with excellence
- Curiosity: An entrepreneurial mindset, displaying eagerness to learn and contribute to 2045's growth
- Growth Minded: A strong contributor in a high growth environment, no task is too big or too small. You are constantly thinking about iterating on our systems by asking "how can we do this better?"
- Foundational Tools: Proficiency with Google Suite Products is a must (as well as Microsoft Office)
- 0-4 years of experience in sales, account management, or customer success management.
- Proven success in a results-driven sales environment.
- Proficient with SalesForce, SalesLoft, or other CRM systems.
Salary Range: $55K-$75K with opportunity for performance-based commission and bonuses