Technical Support Engineer - US Remote
Degreed is looking for a Technical Support Engineer Tier II to join our Client Experience (CX) team. As a Technical Support Engineer Tier II, you will interact directly with Degreed clients and their end-users to ensure that technical issues are resolved quickly and efficiently. You are ready to provide an unparalleled support experience, and you recognize that this role significantly impacts the Degreed client experience and can impact client satisfaction and retention.
This role will report to the Senior Manager, Technical Support, and will be working remotely within the US.
Day in the Life
- Provide level one and two technical support to Degreed clients via phone, email, and/or chat platforms; ad-hoc meetings will be used as needed to drive toward successful resolution
- Use technical and product expertise to diagnose and resolve escalated tier II technical software issues quickly and efficiently.
- Track and document all technical issues and the steps taken to resolve the issue; escalate cases to Engineering or other internal teams when appropriate.
- Test and troubleshoot technical end-user and system components like data integrations, SSO authentication etc.
- Refine and improve our technical support processes and procedures to provide top-notch customer support to Degreed clients
- Stay current with product updates, system changes, and customer support team procedures and best practices.
- This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict other tasks as assigned and is subject to change at any time.
Who You Are
- 2-4 years experience providing hands-on technical support at a SaaS company
- 1-3 years experience working with industry standard practices for implementing file feeds, API, webhooks, SSO authentications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. You inspire confidence while leading clients through steps to resolve issues and defuse situations where clients may be frustrated.
- Demonstrated creative thinking and problem-solving as it relates to troubleshooting and technical issues.
- Experience partnering cross-functionally with internal experts to resolve issues and identify patterns for client technical requests
What Sets You Apart
- Experience with web troubleshooting (i.e., capturing network traces, extracting a .HAR file).
- Experience with SaaS applications and platforms.
- Basic knowledge of API interfaces, SSO, and FTP troubleshooting.
- Experience with ticket management systems and call tracking applications.
- You are passionate about continual learning and sharing knowledge.
Compensation and Benefits at Degreed
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything!)
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Forma
- Wellness programs focused on your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing