Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Family Medicine
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Nomi Health was founded in 2019 as a direct healthcare company with a simple yet bold mission: rebuild the healthcare system so it is accessible and affordable for everyone. We are rebuilding the healthcare system by cutting costs, confusion, and complexity through direct contracts and payment with providers, deep data dives, and convenient patient care.
We are seeking an innovative and passionate Nurse Practitioner (NP) to join our team in Phoenix, AZ. We are a brand-new wellness clinic that provides family medicine, Medically Assisted Treatment (MAT), and overall care for our patients. We are outcomes driven and have a strong focus on the integrated care of the patient through our partnerships with counseling/behavioral health facilities. We have been watching the substance abuse epidemic grow around the nation, and we are motivated to provide patient centered services that will make a difference. We are looking for someone who has the enthusiasm, creativity, and flexibility to join us in redefining the industry.
How you will make an impact
- Deliver primary care services, with a client-centered, harm-reduction focus.
- Practitioner will be responsible for administration of medications such as – Psychiatric, Vivitrol, Suboxone or Subutex, etc.
- Referring patients to specialists, hospitals, community agencies or in-house staff as needed.
- Maintaining accurate and timely records, writing reports, support letters; writing chart summaries for transfer or legal purposes as required.
- Providing emergency care (e.g. initiating CPR), treatment of anaphylaxis, acute asthma or other conditions as required.
- The NP Candidate must be able to work flexible schedules in a hybrid model at multiple locations.
- Ensure that appropriate laboratory studies have been performed and reviewed, as needed.
- Ensure that a medical evaluation, including a medical history and physical examination, has been performed at admission and annually.
- Completes physical examinations, procedures lab specimens and records the results of the test, presents medical
- forms for the clinic physician’s evaluation, consultation, and signature.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to assist with quality improvement and development of creative strategies to meet client needs.
- Advocate for individual client needs to ensure access to effective care, follow-up and resources from both an individual and systemic level.
- Providing health information in accessible, appropriate ways to community and clients through
- pamphlets, posters etc.
- Advocating on an individual basis for and with clients to other agencies and institutions.
- Participating in relevant meetings and actions as per internal policies and protocols.
- Engaging with groups representing the needs and experiences of people who use drugs in order to adapt and improve program delivery and outcomes (e.g. Advisory Group).
- Participating in the development and/or support of policies and strategies which are in the interest of public health and healthy public policy, recognizing the social determinants of health such as adequate income, housing, and food.
- Participate in rotational on-call coverage to support clients.
- Support the program by participating in rotation of answering calls outside of hours of operation, supporting client care through phone consultation with health care partners in the community (outreach teams, pharmacies, hospitals, COVID-19 isolation sites, etc.). Ensure that evidence of current physiologic dependence, length of history of addiction, or exceptions to criteria for admission are documented in the patient's record before the patient receives the initial medications and are enrolled in counseling.
- Work with clinical and other medical providers.
- Assists patients in referral services for other medical issues (co-occurring illnesses) and other medical needs.
- Continuous quality improvement (conduct in-service & patient education).
- Coordinates care with clinical and medical staff.
- Ensures our orders comply with State Regulations and HIPAA Standards.
What we are looking for
- Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university
- Completion of a Nurse Practitioner program specific to the expanded specialty of family medicine
- Current DEA License with “X” License of 275 limit or Qualify for X Waiver Increase
- 3 years’ experience as a NP in medication assisted treatment and family medicine
- CPR certified within 3 months of hire
- Ability to work in a hybrid environment with stable internet connection
- Reliable transportation for mobile care
- Licensed with the state of Arizona
- Additionally, candidates must be able to pass a credit check, background check and drug screening
Nomi’s journey is just starting in delivering disruptive healthcare solutions, in partnership with like-minded employers, public sector organizations, advisors (brokers/consultants), and payers/TPAs. We are dedicated to our mission to remove healthcare hurdles and rebuild healthcare the way it should have always been: for everyone.
The system must change, and we’re the ones to do it. Join us on the journey.
· Medical, dental, and vision
· 401(k) with company match
· Fully funded HSA
· Open PTO
· Continuous learning
· Free counseling
· Family leave
Learn more about us