Cloud and DevOps Engineer
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Nomi Health was founded in 2019 as a direct healthcare company with a simple yet bold mission: rebuild the healthcare system so it is accessible and affordable for everyone. We are rebuilding the healthcare system by cutting costs, confusion, and complexity through direct contracts and payment with providers, deep data dives, and convenient patient care.
We are searching for curious, passionate, and innovative Cloud & DevOps Engineers to join our Cloud Engineering team (reporting to the Director of Cloud Engineering). You will be building and supporting the cloud infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines that enable our engineering teams to help us rapidly scale to meet our growing patients’ needs.
This is a hybrid position working onsite 3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) from our Austin office.
How you will make an impact
- Writing infrastructure code to deploy new cloud services
- Creating reusable modules for development teams’ serverless functions
- Providing cloud subject matter expertise for the design and architecture of new services
- Contribute your prior experience to give the team new perspectives on infra design
- Support Nomi’s mission to revolutionize the Healthcare landscape
- Keep our tech stack lean and modern through extensive automation
- Leverage the cloud to deliver lightweight solutions to rapidly evolving business needs
- Guide development teams’ use of cloud-native constructs to improve application performance and build new functionality for our customers
What we are looking for
- Must be present in our Austin, TX location in-office 3 days a week (Tuesday-Thursday 9-5)
- 7+ years of hands-on experience building cloud-based infrastructure
- 4+ years of direct experience with AWS as an engineer/architect
- 3+ years of experience with writing infrastructure as code (preferably Terraform)
- Knowledgeable working in Linux shell environments and basic scripting understanding
- Familiarity with serverless constructs such as Lambdas, Kafka, API gateways
- A solid understanding of cloud networking and architecture
- Bachelors or higher in CS is a strong plus
- Available for on-call rotations for major incidents and other business needs
- Able to blend independent work and research on issues with cooperative problem-solving and collaborating with peers.
- Strong curiosity and willingness to pick up new technologies
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
Nomi’s journey is just starting in delivering disruptive healthcare solutions, in partnership with like-minded employers, public sector organizations, advisors (brokers/consultants), and payers/TPAs. We are dedicated to our mission to remove healthcare hurdles and rebuild healthcare the way it should have always been: for everyone.
The system must change, and we’re the ones to do it. Join us on the journey.
· Medical, dental, and vision
· 401(k) with company match
· Open PTO
· Continuous learning
· Family leave
Learn more about us