Peer Recovery Support Specialist (PRSS)
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Nomi Health was founded in 2019 as a direct healthcare company with a simple yet bold mission: rebuild the healthcare system so it is accessible and affordable for everyone. We are rebuilding the healthcare system by cutting costs, confusion, and complexity through direct contracts and payment with providers, deep data dives, and convenient patient care.
We are looking for a professional and compassionate Peer Recovery Support Specialist (PRSS) to join our wellness program that provides family medicine, Medically Assisted Treatment (MAT), and coordinates comprehensive substance abuse treatment services for our patients.
We are outcomes driven and have a strong focus on the integrated care of the patient through our partnerships with counseling/behavioral health facilities. We have been watching the substance abuse epidemic grow in Arizona and around the nation, and we are motivated to provide patient centered services that will make a difference. We are looking for someone who has the enthusiasm, creativity, and flexibility to join us in redefining the industry. As part of a rapidly growing program, you will play a key role in influencing how care is delivered to our patients and building and scaling our operation.
How you will make an impact
- Assist case managers in execution of treatment activities including connecting patients to timely, effective primary and mental health care
- Help patients coordinate SDoH support (housing, food, employment)
- Ensures that all referrals submitted for the patients are fulfilled to ensure that the patient's identified needs are met
- Maintains frequent contact with the patient to monitor their progress, instill hope, and model effective coping techniques and self-help strategies
- Advocates for individual patients need to ensure access to effective care, follow-up, and resources from both an individual and systemic level
- Lead peer support and educational groups for patients and their families
- Maintains established federal, state, and agency policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, performance improvement initiatives, safety, environment of care, productivity standards, management of information, and infection control standards
- Interacts with patients and staff in a culturally competent manner that considers factors such as age, developmental or acquired disabilities, religion and spiritual orientation, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, indigenous heritage, national origin, and gender
- Initiates and facilitates crisis prevention and intervention; providing emergency crisis services as needed and assigned
- Build relationships with community-based organizations and referral partners to assist patients in obtaining wholistic care
- You must be able to work flexible schedules in a hybrid model at multiple locations
- Participate in rotational on-call coverage to support after-hours client assistance
- Provide Metrics and Reporting as outlined by program specifications
- Work with others to support process improvement and program development
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
What we are looking for
- 2 years experience as a Peer Support Recovery Specialist (PRSS) in medication assisted treatment mental illness facility
- Certification as a PRSS in Arizona
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), preferred
- CPR certified within 3 months of hire
- Ability to work in a hybrid environment with stable internet connection
- Reliable transportation for mobile care
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Preferred college level coursework and/or associate degree with an emphasis in education and experience directly related to behavioral health
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
Nomi’s journey is just starting in delivering disruptive healthcare solutions, in partnership with like-minded employers, public sector organizations, advisors (brokers/consultants), and payers/TPAs. We are dedicated to our mission to remove healthcare hurdles and rebuild healthcare the way it should have always been: for everyone.
The system must change, and we’re the ones to do it. Join us on the journey.
· Medical, dental, and vision
· 401(k) with company match
· Open PTO
· Continuous learning
· Family leave
Learn more about us